tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 26 05:18:32 2004

Re: canon pIqaD

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh Alan Anderson <[email protected]>:

> ja' lay'tel SIvten:
> >And how about in modern 25th century tlhIngan wo'?  Or right now?  What is a
> >good way to write pIqaD now?
>
> Stencils.
>
> I keep trying to come up with a good way to produce a plastic template with
> appropriately-shaped holes in the shape of the "KLIpIqaDmey" glyphs.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Jack, the former head of KAG, has a set of giant pIqaDmey stencils made from
think hard plastic that he uses for signs. I don't remember who cut them out,
but he's had them for years and they work really well. We used them on the new
Year Games (tlhIngan DIS Qujmey) signs.

To make a smaller set I would suggest printing pIqaDmey onto plastic
transparencies and then cutting out the shapes with a craft knife. If you want
to make them more sturdy, you could glue several extra sheets to the
transparency after printing but before cutting.

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level