tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 24 05:25:39 2004

Re: machwI' Doq

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Se'noj le'umaS" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2004 4:56 AM
Subject: machwI' Doq

> Se'noj
> Savan,
>
> jImugh vInID:

bImugh *'e'* DanID

> bIr naDev Hur,

{naDev} comes at the beginning:
{naDev bIr Hur} "The outside is cold around here."

> muD tu'be'lu'.
> jImobbej,
> jImoblaw'.

maj }}: )

> jIpuv HIchaw',

{jIpuv *'e'* HIchaw'}

> naDev jIpuv.

maj.

> tIv, tIv, tIv,

{tIv} is only a verb, and so cannot be used as a noun, as you have
apparently done here.
BUT...
This could be {yItIv} or {petIv}clipped, or, failing that, we have the noun
{bel} "pleasure".

> HovDaq, HovDaq.

I read this as "On the star, on the star", with the expected visuals.

> jIQot vIneH,

maj.

> vul Dujpuy je.

Not sure how to keep this simple: "Shipwrecked and comatose" is a toughy.

First, {vul} is a verb, and so must be treated as such. And {Dujpuy} isn't
canon, though I did get your meaning. I would try:

{jIvultaHvIS, 'ej jImobtaHvIS} "While I am unconscious and alone"

though that misses the idea of being shipwrecked.

> naHDoq 'Iwqoq
> vItlhutlh vIneH.

{naH Doq} is two words, not one, and you might not know about {vIychorgh}
"juice, sap of a plant" from KGT.

> yaDDu'wIj chop
> ghotI' ghommey.

maj.