tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 19:45:57 2004

Re: Coke Shirt

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh David Trimboli <[email protected]>:

> Actually, the grammar is backward.  It says
>
>      qoq
>      yItlhutlhtaH
>      bIbechvIS
>
> But, if the seller's translation is correct, it's supposed to say "Suffer
> while drinking Coke."  What this says (lack of {-taH} notwithstanding) is
> more like "Drink coke while suffering."
>
> SuStel
> Stardate 4560.7

Having spoken to the guy I know that he isn't a Klingon speaker. So for someone
who knows very little about the language I think he didn't do a bad job. At
least it's better than most of the stuff that comes out of Paramount, and we
can figure out what he wants to say (not counting that the T-Shirts are pretty
high quality and the printing is very nicely done). Just pretend that the -vIS
is really on the yItlhutlhtaH ;)

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level