tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 23 18:47:05 2004

experts

In a message dated 2004-07-23 10:50:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> Don't ask the experts for every detail; they usually
> don't know any more than you do.  An expert is an expert not because he has
> gleaned knowledge of vocabulary, but because he can SPEAK KLINGON.  Do not
> be afraid to make your own interpretations about things we don't have solid
> information on.

This is all true, but lots of times the 'experts' know whether a particular
topic has come up before and how it was answered then.
I've been going through the archive (73,000 posts!), starting at the
beginning, and already I've encountered there several topics that I've asked on this
list recently, sometimes with unhappy results.
So an expert on this list is more than someone who can speak Klingon.  He's
also someone who's been around the language for a while.

lay'tel SIvten

Haghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

Back to archive top level