tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 22:57:52 2004

RE: canon pIqaD

Dr. Jeremy DM Cowan ([email protected])

-----Original Message-----
From: QeS lagh
>Of course, we might be treated to something completely alien and
bizarre if
pIqaD ever appears. Like two separate characters mapping to each sound,
or
something equally strange.<

This has really intrigued me.  The idea had never occurred to me.
Perhaps there's one set of characters to represent the point of
articulation of each consonant and one set for the manner of
articulation.  And then possibly a third character for voiced and
unvoiced or the doubling of one of the sets to account for the voicing.
Are there any examples of this sort of thing in Terran languages?

As fun as it is to imaging, I don't see it being very Klingon.  Somehow
it sounds a little too detailed for Klingons.  I really feel like they
would have a pictographic system.

Jeremy

Back to archive top level