tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 16:11:11 2004

RE: canon pIqaD

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' SuStel:

>Ooh!  I know!  I'll show him my Tengwar for Klingon!  If he says he likes
>it, it's official!  The Official Way to Write Klingon (TM)!

I happen to like your Klingon Tengwar mode. Tengwar are easy to write, too.
{{:)

On a more serious note, the fact that Klingon syllables are very limited in
terms of consonant clusters makes me think that a CV syllabary might be more
likely for Klingon than anything else. That's just wild speculation, but in
terms of phonology it's a lot easier to handle than most other systems. An
alphabet may also be possible, but in view of what Okrand has said before, I
don't think so.

Of course, we might be treated to something completely alien and bizarre if
pIqaD ever appears. Like two separate characters mapping to each sound, or
something equally strange.

Savan.

QeS lagh

Play Love Hunt to win a $9000 holiday and find love!
http://mobilecentral.ninemsn.com.au/mclovehunt/lovehunt.aspx

Back to archive top level