tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 16 10:28:33 2004

canon pIqaD

joH Hegh ([email protected])

Greetings,
I am new at the Hol, but have been lurking on the list for a long time. I call myself joH Hegh.

I found a thesis on Klingon on the net where Marc Okrand among others is interviewed. And as far as I can tell pIqaD (well, the pIqaD used by KLI and most klingonists) now seems to be canon:

Marc Okrand:
"The mapping I very cleverly done . . . I think it is great, it makes it so you can write the language . . . I wish I could read it, when I get something written in pIqaD I?m able to very slowly figure it out . . . I am glad someone really is doing it and has decided that it is an alphabet and not a syllabary Now we know, cause Michael Okuda and I didn?t know that."
So, is it okay to use pIqaD as "real" pIqaD officially now?

/joH Hegh