tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 12 06:57:49 2004

SkyBox pIqaD explained: S20 Ha'quj (also with apologies) and conclusions

69 688 wa'mah pohmey , wo'riv
batleh ghaj qordu'daj qam
posdaq nihdaq qam blockbuster
can 5890592 lick the tip of my
dick , . 89725  18980y intahvis
dick qeylis'e' 998 .
Ha'quj
qorDu'Daj tuq 'oS Ha'quje'e' tuQbogh wo'rIv. tuQtaHvIS Hem.
ghaHvaD quHDaj qawmoH.

Once again the text obviously does not match the Klingon.  Parts seem to be
from both S8 and S9, both repeated below.  The *688* can only be *so'*, but
this syllable appears only in the word "So'wI'" on S33.  *je* is missing after
*nihdaq*.  *y intahvis* should be one word and *yintahvis qeylis'e'* is from S8.
 The English vulgarity and the remainder of the text are unexplained.

S8
qaStaHvIS wa'maH puq poHmey, wo'rIv batleH ghaj
qorDu'Daj. nuja' tlhIngan wIch ja'wI'pu' yIntaHvIS
qeylIS'e' lIjlaHbe'bogh vay' batlh 'etlhvam
chenmoHlu'pu'.

S9
qaSDI' nenghep, qa' patlh chu' chav tlhIngan SuvwI'. poSDaq nIHDaq
je QamtaHvIS SuvwI'pu'. chaH jojDaq yItnIS lopwI'. luchovmeH
'oy'naQmey lo'.

S21, as mentioned in the introduction, seems to be random characters.

Conclusions

The 10 Okuda characters (or the 10 digits) can represent Klingon, as these
cards demonstrate.  Certainly, ambiguity arises, but I doubt that it is very
much in practice.  It's an interesting puzzle, but I do not recommend that the
Okuda characters be used for Klingon.  Finding English on the cards was a big
surprise, and I may wonder about that for a long time.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level