tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 07 19:39:20 2004

Re: miss the target

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' lay'tel SIvten:

>Since hitting a target or targets is {DoS/ray' qIp}, which is better for
>missing a target:  {DoS qIpbe'} or {DoS qIpHa'}?  Or does {qIpHa'} mean
>something different from missing (a target)?

jIHvaD {qIpbe'} qaq law' {qIpHa'} qaq puS. jIHvaD Qagh 'oS {qIpHa'}.

To me, if you {DoS qIpbe'}, it doesn't have to be your own fault; you might
miss because of an excellent evasive manoeuvre by your opponent, for
instance. But to me, {DoS qIpHa'} indicates that you either hit the target
on the wrong area, or you missed it due to your own incompetence or
inexperience.

QeS lagh

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here:
http://ninemsn.match.com?referrer=hotmailtagline

Back to archive top level