tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 07 16:44:00 2004

miss the target

Since hitting a target or targets is {DoS/ray' qIp}, which is better for
missing a target:  {DoS qIpbe'} or {DoS qIpHa'}?
In English, missing a target is usually the same as not hitting it.  But
missing a target implies trying to hit it and failing.  Not hitting doesn't always
have this implication.  If I haven't hit the target, it may be because I
haven't shot yet.

Does (or *can*) Klingon make this distinction using {qIp}?

Or does {qIpHa'} mean something different from missing (a target)?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level