tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 02 16:54:20 2004

nuq vIjatlh DaneH

In a message dated 2004-07-02 6:56:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> > *{nuq vIjatlh DaneH} seems simple enough, but it technically violates what
> > we know about Klingon.  Until Okrand says otherwise, avoid it.
>
> My opinion is that the technical violation is unproven.  I freely admit that
> my opinion is based on my assuming what Marc Okrand *really* meant rather
> than accepting as universally applicable what he is reported to have said in
> a certain context.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Especially if you turn it around and use the answer as a model.  Then there
simply is no question to confuse the issue.  {<tlhaQ ghu'vam> Dajatlh vIneH.}
I agree with ghunchu'wI'.  Okrand's statement about QAO was about a completely
different type of sentence.  Replacing <tlhaQ ghu'vam> with <nuq> makes
perfect sense, and remains a question, asking for an answer.  Do I need to say this
is my opinion?  Or does my simply saying it imply that?

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level