tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 01 07:31:38 2004

Re: prefix trick verbs et al.

One of my very first posts to this list was about the prefix trick and how I
thought it was a really bad idea.  I have since changed my mind (a la
charghwI' [1993/06]) and now I think it's pretty good.
Along the same lines, after a recent post by SuStel pointing out that my bare
imperative of a stative verb should have been with -'eghmoH, I realized that
it's a change of state caused by the subject, thus it *should* be as he said.
I had originally simply translated literally from English.  But now I have a
personally satisfying *reason* to use it besides just "that's the way it's
done".

I should be able to answer a lot of my own questions soon, but questions
dealing with the legitimacy of canon (i.e., perceived errors) I can't answer
myself.  Voragh has been most helpful in this regard.

lay'tel SIvten

Haghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

Back to archive top level