tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 28 20:25:19 2004

RE: Thinking

Heather Myers ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I dunno if anyone can teach a person to think in another language.  I
first realized I could think in Klingon at a qep'a', where I was
immersed in the language for a few days at a time.  I was just trying to
better my skill in the language so that I could talk to people with more
proficiency.  It takes a while to build up, and if English is my primary
language of use, it doesn't happen.  For me, it's something that
develops along with my skill in the language.  I sometimes think in
French, though rather rarely.  I might be able to think in Latin if I'd
ever had the opportunity to use that language conversationally when I
was learning it.

I think that the more skill you gain in Klingon, the more natural it
becomes to you, the closer you'll come to thinking in Klingon.

jIqel ghojwI'
<batlh wo' yejHaD je vItoy'mo' jIHem>