tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 24 12:14:58 2004

Re: taghwI' jIH

d'Armond Speers, Ph.D. ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Dar'Qang wrote:
> At 09:35 AM 1/23/2004, you wrote:
>> qavan, Dar'Qang!
>>
>> QInlIj vIyajchu'.  qen tlhIngan Hol DaHaDchoHmo' mumer laHlIj.
>> QaghHommey puS vItu', 'ach bIQumchu'.
>
> qavan, Holtej!
>
> (switching to DIvI' Hol so that I can respond in less than a few
> days!)

qay'be'.

> My intro post took a few hours spread over a couple of nights for me
> to construct.  It was my first attempt at producing Klingon.  I went
> entirely from working knowledge of grammer (and immediately detected
> things that I didn't know!), but I spent a lot of time fishing for
> the right words in the dictionary.  It was enjoyable.

maj.

>> yIDel'egh.  nuq DaDab?  DIS ben 'ar bIbogh?  DuSaQDaq bIHaDlI''a'?
>> bIvum'a'?  nuq 'oH Qu'lIj'e'?  qatlh (chay') ponglIj DawIv?
>
> maj.  These would be good topics for more attempts at Klingon, so
> I'll save for that.

jIloSqang.  jIloStaHvIS jIDel'egh.

*Colorado* vIDab.  wejmaH vaghben jIbogh.  tlhIngan Hol lujatlhbe'
be'nalwI', puqloDwI' je.  jIHvaD jIvum.  HolQeD vIHaDmo' pongwIj vIwIv; "Hol
tej" jIH.

>> SKI: Welcome, Dar'Qang!
>>
>> --Holtej
>
> Is there an accepted Klingon acknowledgement?  qatlho' seems too
> human. chaq jIbel?

Not really.  Klingons just state their business and leave.  Pleasantries
such as "thanks" and "take care" are too human.  You might say something
like {choquvmoH}.  If you're going off to battle (or something like that),
you can say {Qapla'}.

-- Holtej 'utlh

Back to archive top level