tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 24 11:48:25 2004

Re: taghwI' jIH

Dar'Qang ([email protected])

At 09:35 AM 1/23/2004, you wrote:
>qavan, Dar'Qang!
>
>QInlIj vIyajchu'.  qen tlhIngan Hol DaHaDchoHmo' mumer laHlIj.  QaghHommey
>puS vItu', 'ach bIQumchu'.

qavan, Holtej!

(switching to DIvI' Hol so that I can respond in less than a few days!)

My intro post took a few hours spread over a couple of nights for me to
construct.  It was my first attempt at producing Klingon.  I went entirely
from working knowledge of grammer (and immediately detected things that I
didn't know!), but I spent a lot of time fishing for the right words in the
dictionary.  It was enjoyable.

>latlh Hol chenmoHlu'bogh vIghojbe', 'ach ghoj(taH) latlh jeSwI'pu'.
>tlhIngan nughmo' tlhIngan Hol vItIv.  Qatlhchugh vay' DamughmeH mIw, <<chay'
>jatlh tlhInganna'?>> Daghel'eghlaH.

There is definitely something very appealing about the Klingons that adds a
lot of fun to speaking this language.

>yIDel'egh.  nuq DaDab?  DIS ben 'ar bIbogh?  DuSaQDaq bIHaDlI''a'?
>bIvum'a'?  nuq 'oH Qu'lIj'e'?  qatlh (chay') ponglIj DawIv?

maj.  These would be good topics for more attempts at Klingon, so I'll save
for that.

>SKI: Welcome, Dar'Qang!
>
>--Holtej

Is there an accepted Klingon acknowledgement?  qatlho' seems too human.
chaq jIbel?

>Dar'Qang wrote:
[snip]

Back to archive top level