tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 16 15:08:39 2004

Re: ghogh HablI'wIj

You've consistently misused {jatlh}.  It seems counter-intuitive, but when
using {jatlh} to introduce a quotation, the quoted words are NOT the direct
object of the verb.  You just say: {<<blah. blah.>> jIjatlh} or  {jIjatlh
<<blah. blah.>>}  (The {jatlh} tag can come on either side of the quotation
BTW.)  IOW do not use the object prefixes on {jatlh}; use the no-object
prefixes.

Okrand discussed this (as well as "the prefix trick") in some detail on
msn.onstage.startrek.expert.okrand (7/01/97) which you should read: