tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 08 12:26:11 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {luH}

Quvar:
> > {luH} is listed as "intestine"
> >
> > When I looked up "intestine", there where two ways to translate to
> > german 1- Darm - which is the 20 ft long pipe in your belly where the
> > food is transported
> > or
> > 2- Eingeweide - this is the summary of all the pieces that you can
> > find inside your belly

Holtej:
>This is by no means authoritative, but I have always thought of {luH} in the
>former sense (the 20ft long pipe).  A general desription for "organs in your
>belly" would be "guts" or "bowels."

The closest word I can think of for the latter would be {chor} "belly,
midsection":

   tajwIj 'oHbe' chorlIj jeqbogh Dochvetlh'e'
   That is not my dagger protruding from your midsection. (FTG)

   chor jeq taj
   a knife protrudes from a belly (st.k 6/97)

   In some regions...a ceramic {bargh} is called a {chor} (literally,
   "belly") or {chor bargh} ("belly pot"). (KGT 28)

And speaking of anatomy, we also have {burgh} "stomach" which surely refers
to the internal organ, of which Klingons have two.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level