tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 08 10:32:21 2004

Re: DCKL translation problems: {'Ib}

Quvar wrote:

>{'Ib} is listed as "tub", a noun.

 From KGT (p.97):

   The equipment needed for the preparation of Klingon food is
   rather minimal, consisting pretty much of pots or vats plus
   cutting and stirring implements of various sorts... A square
   or rectangular tub used to hold food while it is fermenting
   is called a {'Ib} ...

Don't confuse a {'Ib} with a {qegh} "vat, barrel":

   Ale is often stored in a large vat ({qegh}) rather than in
   a {bal}.  (KGT 99)

{qeghmey} are those metal barrels used for transporting and storing
bloodwine (cf. DS9 "Apocalypse Rising", "Warriors of the Empire", etc.).

>What's a "tub"?  I found too many different meanings in my english dictionary.

E.g. you bathe in a bath tub which is kept in the bathroom.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level