tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 08 06:43:40 2004

DCKL translation problems: {tova'Daq}

Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Greetings!

        Many people yell about the bad german translation of TKD (it is crap, indeed), but now I've
started to translate my own "Dictionary of Contemporary Klingon" into German. And I've noticed that
it's really not always easy to find out, which meaning is meant.
        That's why I'd like to discuss some words with you here. Several will be solved immediately,
others will never be, I'm sure -- I want to make a correct (as possible) and useful German DCKL, to
make it easier to learn klingon around here.

{tova'Daq} is listed as the noun "mindsharing"

Is this in ST3 what Spock has done to Dr McCoy, and then Sarek with Captain, brain-connection
through the hand and stuff. Then there is a german word: Gedankenverschmelzung, isn't it?

Quvar.

Back to archive top level