tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 05 08:52:41 2004

Re: Possessive pronouns

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> Yes! it is hard at first, but people don't go around talking slow so
> others can understand.

Correct. But I doubt Klingon is spoken *that* fast. You can hear some in
StarTrek 5 and 6, it IS slower than a rap (in flemish, my native tongue, rap
means fast - in english too?)

> spanish and urdu and hindi and arabic (to name a few) are fast paced

I speak Spanish, and a bit of turkish - these are really fast.

> out of it. It works for me, maybe not for you. i appreciate the
> translation.:)

Singing this song is a good practice for pronunciation. When you can speak
fast, you can certainly speak slowly too.
About understanding: I didn't understand half of the english song before I
saw its lyrics.

> I learned spanish in one month. depends on how much time and effort you
> put into something.

Great! Good to hear that from you. I hope we can meet at next qep'a' and
chat in Klingon.
As for me, spanish grammar was no problem (I believe I got it in a month
too). But learning vocabulary, I'm just too lazy :-) I prefer to learn vocab
while using a language.
btw, the more languages one knows, the easier it is to learn a new one.

> I am studying at least 6 to 7 hours a day.  I am determined and i will
> learn!

Either you do not work, or you do not sleep!  ;-)

Quvar.