tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 04 14:42:12 2004

Re: QUESTION....

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

>      I was wondering.... is Mark Ocrand planning at any time to get off
> his flat butt and make a CD of the Klingon language?

I've asked MO once if he was planning to make another book on the Klingon
language.
He answered that this is not his decision, he only makes one if he is told
to do so by Paramount Pictures.

So we are very lucky to get information from him once in a while through
HolQeD (which he does for free and just for fun, if I remember correctly)

> It would be a LOT easier
> for me to learn it that way.  I can look at words and such in Klingon, but
> I have NO clue as to if I am getting the pronunciation right, and I don't
> want
> to end up with a hellish terran accent!  (Michael Dorn would be GREAT for

No, I doubt he would be *that* great.

You should visit
/stuff/Merchant.html

There you can see
For Beginners: "Conversational Klingon"
For advanced: "Power Klingon"

These are tapes, but I've seen them as a CD too.
It's perfect to learn and to start, the explanations are spoken by Michael
Dorn, and *all* the Klingon is spoken by Marc Okrand himself.

> >Mailing-List: contact [email protected]; run by ezmlm
> >list-help: <mailto:[email protected]>
> >list-unsubscribe: <mailto:[email protected]>

By the way, this is the line that appears in the headers of every message
received from this list. Just a HINT for those who keep sending unsubscribe
requests to the list...

Quvar.