tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 03 14:23:13 2004

Re: MOST terminology

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, Alan Anderson wrote:
> ja' qoloS:
> >...And rather than having your office suite mark
> >all of your Klingon words as spelling and grammar errors, your office
> >suite would actually spell check those romanized Klingon words, and
> >underline only those words which were misspelled in Klingon!
>
> ngoQHeyvam DalIj 'e' vIchup.  Klingon's extensive system of affixes makes
> this decidedly notrivial.  It isn't the sort of language that lends itself
> to being spellchecked unless one implements a complete word-level grammar
> engine.  There's also the rather less tractable problem of a nearly full
> matrix of potential words -- it's highly likely that a misspelling of any
> given word will result in another perfectly good word.

"muHaqwI'" ghunta' vay' 'e' Daluj'a'?  Qatlh tlhIngan pab lughmoHghach 'e'
vIQochbe', 'ach Qatlhbe' tlhIngan mu' lughmoHghach.  chaq mu'tlheghvaD mu'
lugh pup chenmoHbe' De'wI' lughmoHtaHvIS, 'ach tlhIngan Hol mu' pup
chenmoHbej.  qoj lughchoHmoHlu'meH mu' lughHa' 'anglaH De'wI'.

Did you forget someone programmed "muHaqwI'"?  Correction of Klingon
grammar is difficult, I agree, but the correction of Klingon words is not.
Perhaps it may not make the perfectly correct word for the sentence, but
it will certainly make a correct Klingon word.  Or it can show the
incorrect words, for one to fix.

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
    "Ninja monkeys are meeting as we speak, plotting my demise."

Back to archive top level