tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 03 13:19:09 2004

Re: Newbie introduction

Philip Newton ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:17:34 -0500, "G. Roderick Singleton"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I have chosen G'roD as my name for this adventure and have found
> that the lists do not like glottal stops so use grod instead. To my
> limited knowledge, this name is reasonable but I'd like some
> assurance, please.

Depends on what you mean with "reasonable".

It is not, of course, a possible Klingon word (since Klingon, as usually
written, does not have a letter {G}, and does not allow more than one
consonant at the beginning of a syllable), but it could the
representation in another language (such as Federation Standard) of a
Klingon name, or perhaps a non-Klingon name assumed by a Klingon for the
purpose of dealing with foreigners.

Philip

Back to archive top level