tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 18 14:43:11 2004

Re: yotna' cha'Dich

From: "Steven Boozer" <[email protected]>

> >It's "yotna'". I've looked through TKD, KGT and also the NWL@KLI. Can
> >anyone please either tell me to buy new minDu' or what it means?
>
> It's not canonical - which is why you couldn't find it in the sources you
> checked - but *{yotna'} consists of the noun {yot} "invasion, raid,
> incursion" plus the noun suffix {-na'} "definite, true, authentic, etc."
> and refers to "Invasion," a Trek convention (like Farpoint).  {yotna'
> cha'DIch} would, of course, be the second of these annual "Invasion"
> conventions.

It's actually a bunch of Klingon speakers who get together AT Farpoint; it
isn't a convention in itself.  The idea is that the convention itself is
largely irrelevant; the point is to speak Klingon with each other, without
worrying about helping newbies and being accessible to explain our interest
in Klingon.  It's a very informal thing compared to the qep'a'.

At yotna' cha'DIch, a huge blizzard trapped most of the participants at the
hotel for a couple of extra days, along with most of the rest of the
convention, and even Marc Okrand.

This year was the third -- though I'm not sure if anybody was able to make
it.  Lawrence hasn't reported yet.

SuStel
Stardate 4133.6

Back to archive top level