tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 18 13:34:02 2004

Re: yotna' cha'Dich

Thorwald wrote:

>I'm a wikimaniac, and not only for the wIqI tlhIngan Hol.
>But while looking at the <a
>href="/wiki/index.php?Klingon%20Origami";>Klingon
>Origami</a> page, I noticed a word I did not, and in fact still do not know.

   "If you were (stuck) at the {yotna' cha'DIch} at Farpoint, you
    might remember Seqram going mad with folding gobs and gobs of
    stuff out of paper."

>It's "yotna'". I've looked through TKD, KGT and also the NWL@KLI. Can
>anyone please either tell me to buy new minDu' or what it means?

It's not canonical - which is why you couldn't find it in the sources you
checked - but *{yotna'} consists of the noun {yot} "invasion, raid,
incursion" plus the noun suffix {-na'} "definite, true, authentic, etc."
and refers to "Invasion," a Trek convention (like Farpoint).  {yotna'
cha'DIch} would, of course, be the second of these annual "Invasion"
conventions.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons