tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 17 08:54:13 2004

Re: use of DoH

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

david fourman:
>   In TKD DoH is defined as "to back off from".
>So does this mean when used with a noun you do not use -vo' because the
>idea
>"from" would be implied in the verb itself.
>ex. Dujvo' yiDoH. or Duj yiDoH.

I would guess, from the way that it's defined, that <-vo'> is unnecessary.

There's also a word <DoHmoH> that means "drive back" (from KGT).

<muDoH jagh> "the enemy backs off from me"
<jagh vIDoHmoH> "I drive back the enemy"

--
De'vID