tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 26 21:46:06 2004

Re: De'wI' mu'mey

De'vID jonwI' ([email protected])

ja' De'vID:
>>Only one canon computer part that I can think of:
>><SoSbor> "motherboard".

ghunchu'wI':
>Don't make the mistake of confusing the joke with the word's meaning!
>
>The Bird of Prey poster lists {De'wI' SoSbor'a'} "Main Computer Core".  The
>"motherboard" interpretation is merely a recognition of the pun, akin to
>seeing the "short and stout" reference in {runpI'} "teapot".  It isn't what
>the word actually means.

I don't have the poster myself.  I copied the "motherboard"
definition from the "New Words List".  If the definition of
the word from the poster isn't actually "motherboard", the
list should perhaps have a note to reflect this.

/tlh/newwords.html

In any case, <De'wI' SoSbor'a'> "main computer core" is still
a canon computer part... though in typical Treknological
fashion, just what kind of technology the "main computer core"
consists of is left unspecified.

--
De'vID