tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 25 06:07:59 2004

Re: Headless relatives and {SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh}

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "QeS lagh" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 5:37 AM
Subject: Re: Headless relatives and {SuDbogh Dargh 'ej wovbogh}

> QeS lagh
> Expanding a little on the example you gave above, would {SuDbogh 'ej
wovbogh
> Dargh} and {romuluSngan Sambogh nejwI' 'ej HoHbogh} be acceptable?

Yes, they would mean "Tea that is yellow" and "Romulan Hunter-Killer".

As a personal preference, it seems easier on my brain if the subject of the
clause comes after the verbs:

{SuDbogh 'ej wovbogh Dargh} and {romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'}

It doesn't change the meaning any, it just seems to "click" faster.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org/