tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 23 07:21:46 2004

Re: Probability

WeQqul ([email protected])

In a message dated 4/23/2004 8:56:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:
Oh, gimme a break!  I'm all for learning, probing, and questioning, but the
intent of this thread has been to try to find a single formulaic way to
express probabilities.  That's not a particularly useful or helpful thing to
do.  Learn to express your concepts, not translate the way English does
something.  Different concepts may require different constructions.
I'm sorry I don't have THE way to express probability in Klingon.  What's
wrong with a bunch of different ways, depending on the situation?  Why is
this such a horrible alternative?
it isn't that i disagree with what you say or said. it is how you say things
that annoys me so much. there is no reason to be rude. we are all here to
learn and i am sure you didn't just wake up one day knowing this language. you had
to learn too,  just like all of us. tell me you have never asked a (stupid)
question before! if everyone answered as you do in some of (not all) your
posts, this language would have died out in the very beginning... or this list
would have, anyhow. All I am saying is that those who know should be patient with
those who are learning.

reH taHjaj tlhIngan Hol!

weQqul
bIjatlhnISchugh, tlhIngan Hol yIjatlh!