tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 19 19:01:58 2004

RE: New vocabulary and {law'/puS} variants (HQ 13.1)

Dr. Jeremy DM Cowan ([email protected])

{va'nuch} "heel" (n., body part)
  -nIb va'nuchDu'chaj
    "their heels are identical"

I don't have HolQeD in front of me, but when I read the article, I was
very interested to discover that word.  However, how do you know that
the word refers to the heel of the foot and not the heel of a boot.  The
sentence above particularly struck me as a comparison of boot heels, not
feet.  Was there something in the article that made it clear or are you
just assuming that it is the body part?

Jeremy

Back to archive top level