tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 30 12:00:13 2003

Re: Sun Tzu's Art of War

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Se'noj le'umaS wrote:
> >Has anyone attempted to translate Sun Tzu's Art of War into tlhIngan Hol?
> >That seems like it'd be the perfect piece to attempt to translate...
>
> This is an incredibly difficult translation project. It deals with many
> abstract concepts, which cannot be easily represented in the verb-based
> structure that we have. I would be happy to coordinate and colaborate with
> anyone who would like to try it again.

Were you translating from the original (in Chinese, I think it was?) or
from an English translation?

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
            "This above all:  to thine own self be true"
                    -- Hamlet, Act I, Scene III

Back to archive top level