tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 30 07:06:24 2003

Re: Sun Tzu's Art of War

Se'noj le'umaS ([email protected])

>Has anyone attempted to translate Sun Tzu's Art of War into tlhIngan Hol?
>That seems like it'd be the perfect piece to attempt to translate...
>
>...Paul

Yes, this has been attempted many times. I beleive that the latest public
attempt was my own, and I'd like you to know that I found some holes in the
vocabulary that Maltz has revealed to us. I think I made it as far as the
second chapter, I will attempt to find it.

This is an incredibly difficult translation project. It deals with many
abstract concepts, which cannot be easily represented in the verb-based
structure that we have. I would be happy to coordinate and colaborate with
anyone who would like to try it again.

QIb'a' QIb jIH
'ej Hoch ben qa' jIH

Se'noj