tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 24 16:40:59 2003

Re: [tlhingan-hol] Re: Klingon Unicode

Krenath vestai-Veska ([email protected])

I and a friend of mine (Mark Reed, who occasionally posts here) have taken
standard unicode fonts for Windows and, usng freeware font editors and
purchased copies of the KLI pIqaDmey font, managed to encode  the pIqaD
font in the appropriate section of the fonts, thus allowing for typing in
tlhIngan and English together without changing font faces.

The Unicode proposal is linked
here:  http://www.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n1643/n1643.htm and is what we
followed.

Unfortunately, the source fonts are copyrighted, so there's no way I could
post links to files.  I would love, however, to see converted fonts made
available for sale on a new font disk from the PLI one day, as we can
currently only send tlhIngan-font emails to each other and no one else.  Bleh.

I find that most email programs have a bit of difficulty with making it
easy to type alternate Unicode characters.  Some day, I'd like to be able
to just hit a function key or hold down a shift or alt key and type easily
in pIqaD, switching easily and seamlessly between the two languages...

At 02:26 PM 9/24/03 -0400, you wrote:
>http://www.unicode.org/alloc/Pipeline40.html
>The proposal was rejected. See link, scroll to near the end on the page..

Back to archive top level