tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 23 19:06:50 2003

Klingon Unicode

Heather Myers ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

At the last Flourtown qepHom, I seem to remember some chat about Unicode
with respect to Klingon. Someone on the Klingon LiveJournal group
recently posted about the phonological constraints of Klingon (as a
non-linguist, I'm not sure what that means, even having read the post).
The poster seemed to be trying to write Klingon using a different
writing system (Hangul).  One of his comments was: "Of course, then the
problem is that you can't write it with a computer because it's not in
Unicode :("

What is the status of Unicode with respect to Klingon?  I'd like to let
these folks know.

Satlho'

jIqel ghojwI'
<batlh wo' yejHaD je vItoy'mo' 'e' jIHem>

Back to archive top level