tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 17 10:39:10 2003

Re: tay naH

Hakuohalakahiki Dei nucis naHQun El dios de piña ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

jatlh jIH
>> raS'a'Daq peb'ot Dalan.
>> Place the peb'ot on the alter.

jatlh ngabwI'
>I get the image of a very large table, not necessarily a holy space.

I was trying to convey "great table".

>{toy'wI'lI' maH}
>"We are your servants"

The <maH> was in my thought process,
it's even on my hand-written copy.
Guess it didn't make it to the screen.
HIvqa' veqlargh!

>> vIychorgh botlhutlh
>> Drink the juice.

>Here, you switched from a second-person singular subject to
second-person
>plural subject, declarative.

>{vIychorgh yIItlhutlh}
>"Drink the juice."

I did not state this, sorry, but in my thought process,
I assumed there would be one person performing
the ritual, but many inattendance.

So the singualr "priest" would be "sacrificing" the <beb'ot>
and then give the juice to the plural "congregation" to partake.
I probably need to state that somewhere.

>> <QunlI' chobel.>
>> <You please your god.>

>Add a {-moH}, and you're in business.
>There could be confusion. {QunlI' chobelmoH} could be seen as a prefix
trick
>application.
>Also, {naHQun}, presumably, would have more than one follower, right?
(He
>might not, so I'm asking.)
>If he has more than one follower, it should be:
>{Qunra' tubelmoH}
>"Y'all have pleased y'all's god", with the idea of "me" worked in there
>somewhere.

hmm... How would <QunlI' chobelmoH> be taken otherwise?
Yes, I, naHQun have many followers.  I used the wrong prefix.
I usually do think "you" and "ya'll" (I'm from Texas).
It appears I was thinking "you" when I wrote that sentance.

~naHQun

Back to archive top level