tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 11 04:10:08 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: tap (v)

Lieven (Quvar valer) ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

This text is based on the song "Insomnia" by Faithless. I don't know how much it is known. I'll add
the original text at the end of the mail to compare. Klenginem didn't give me an english translation yet,
but it's close to the original. Enjoy, others will follow.

<<QonglaHbe'ghach>>
QoQ much Faithless
nom bom *tlhengInem*

chaq QonglaHbe' tlhIngan SuvwI'na' pov
'a chID neHbe' ghaH net Sov
DaH jIQonglaHbe' 'e' vIghov
mubelmoH Hovmey 'ach DaH munuQtaH maSwov
boHar'a'?
jIQonglaHbe'
jIQonglaHbe' jay'

rejmorgh vIDapu'
Dal wanI'vam net Sov
tlhIngan DaSpu' vISay'moH
chaq muQongchoHmoH waqwIj moH
Do' Ha' Qapbe' Dujmaj
Qapbe' wovmoHmeH jan
DaHjaj jIQonglaHbe'
DaH jInajtaHvIS parmaqqay vIngagh
'e' vIruch reH vIneH net Sovbe'
nuqDaq 'oH 'Iw HIq HIvje''e'
jIDoy' maHDaq SIStaHvIS
tagha' jIQongchoHlaHnIS [sic]
baQa' jay' - toDSaH
tugh tagh mu'qaD veS
jIleSchoHchu' vIneHbej
leSchu'pu' yIH 'IH
chaq DumISmoH
'a DaH jImISqu'ba' jIH
rInchoH ram
bom mu' vImughbogh vIbomchu'
So'wI' yIchu'
DaH jIQong vIneH jIH - Hm
'a DaH bIchuS
DaH jIQonglaHbe'
'uSu' Sopbe'qu' 'uSgheb
'ej HISlaH:
QongDaq qaq law' neSlo' qaq puS
jIQonglaHbe'
jIQonglaHbe' jay'
--------------------------
original text:
--------------------------
Deep in the buzzem of the gentle night,
Is where I search for the light Pick up my pen and start to write,
I struggle a fight, dark forces in the clear moonlight
without fear, Insomniya.
... I can't get no sleep.

I used to worry, thought I was going mad in a hurry
Get in stress, make in excess mess in darkness.
No electricity, Something's all over me,
greasy. Insomnia please release me, and let me
dream of making mad love to my girl on the heath,
Tearing off tights with my teeth. But there's
no release, no peace, I toss and turn without cease.
Like a curse, open my eyes and rise like yeast.
At least a couple of weeks since I last slept kept
taking sleepers But now I keep myself pep
Deeper still The night I write by candle light
I find in sight Fundamental movement. - Hm
So when it's black this insomnia, take an original tack,
Keep the beast in my nature under ceaseless attack.
I gets no sleep
I can't get no sleep.

Back to archive top level