tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 18 10:58:06 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: lupDujHom (n)

At 05:00 AM Tuesday 3/18/03, you wrote:
>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Tuesday, March 18, 2003.
>
>Klingon word:   lupDujHom
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     shuttlecraft
>
>Additional Notes:
>TKD Addendum, and from veS QonoS, listed in HolQeD Vol 1., No. 3.

As used in canon:

   paw' lupDujHommey
   The shuttlecraft collide. KGT

   lupDujHomDaq jIchegh
   I return on the shuttle. (st.k 7/99)

   lupDujHom vIchegh
   I return to the shuttle. (st.k 7/99)

   lupDujHomDaq may'Duj vIchegh
   I return to the battle cruiser on the shuttle. (st.k 7/99)

   tera'vo' Qo'noS vIchegh
   I return to Kronos from Earth. (st.k 7/99)

   In general, {'or} ["operate (an aircraft), pilot"] would not be used to
   refer to the activities of the captain of a spacecraft, or even those of
   its helmsman, but Maltz said it could be used for the controlling of a
   shuttlecraft.  (HQ 11.2)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons