tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 04 14:47:26 2003

Re: KLBC names of the letters

chepqu wrote:

>At starting to learn any language, one of the first
>things that any course/book provides are the names
>of all the letters of the alphabet (ie for Hebrew; aleph,
>beth, gimel, etc). TKD does not provide names for
>the letters. Are there any?

No, there are none. The reason is because we don't know how Klingon is actually written. The letters we use {tlhI,
I, n, ng, ...} are only a transcription of the "sounds" of the language. It's possible that the Klingon writing system is
like the pIqaD used in HolQeD, but it could be anything, consonants, or syllables...

So: no letters, no names.

Quvar
Beginners' Grammarian
  ghojwI'pu'wI' vISaH