tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 31 10:31:56 2003

lexicography paper on TKD

Greetings,

Hereby I ask list members to read a paper I have written
for a lexicography course at my University. The topic: a
lexicographical approach to a potential yet (still)
hypothetical revision of the TKD (kliext.ps).

The paper can be found on www.ceesjebeesje.tk.

I'd be very pleased if I can get some feedback on my point
of view from some people on this list.

Before people attack me :-) on certain things, I will give
some pre-auto-feedback first to some things I say in the
paper, which I would like you to read before you read the
paper itself.

I'm always reasoning from a learners' perspective and a
lexicographical perspective at the same time. Please be
gentle... :-)

When I say "dictionary", I can mean two things. Most of
the time, I will mean the dictionary-section of the
present TKD and not the whole book with the name TKD. When
I say what the dictionary should look like, I'm referring
to the term dictionary in general, so not "wordlist in the
TKD" but "revised TKD according to lexicographical
standards", in this context. The context will usually make
it quite clear.

Sometimes I ask, claim, or question things at a certain
point and answer them or devalidate them myself later on.
I do fully realise that the written form of the language
as used by the KLI and as used in the TKD is merely
phonetic, even though my section on compound nouns might
give the impression that I don't realise that.

Some feedback by Will Martin, who also used to be on this
list, can be found on the same site.

Qapla' with reading it.

--qeyS--

C. Krottje