tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 16 13:29:43 2003

Re: An Illustrated Text Book

Hallo everybody from Italy.
Let me tell you something about this subject.
I've been a subscriber of this mailing list for a number of years.
I've got all the relevant books.
I've got the postal course.
But... something is missing.
Klingon is not for the faint at heart. I do NOT speak ANY klingon, but I
would like to.
But when I try to put together all the material I have, it's confusing.
The postal course is fine, but you cannot call it a 'language course'. I
realize that making a real 'language book' (the 'look and learn' kind Gennie
was talking about) is a big effort.
But... think about newcomers (well like me). I do not speak english as
mothertongue, it's more complicated for me to study on english-written
books. If the material is not organically organized is even worse.
If you're looking for more adepts, well a nice Klingon studybook would help
a lot.
Am I wrong?
Anyway, if something like this should ever happen, I volunteer for
translating it into italian.

Paolo

p.s. Sorry for my poor usage of your language (English!!)