tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 14 21:54:08 2003

RE: Klingon - Terminology Databases (IMHO)

DlorH, HIp Daghaj'a'?  tlhIngan tuq Daghaj'a'?  qep'a'Daq jISaHlaHchugh...HIpwIj DanaD!  qu'qu' HIpwIj!!

DloraH <[email protected]> wrote:> The feeling I get from these kinds of people is that learning a
> language is more work than they have time for in this face paced
> world of ours.

But some of them do have enough time to make really good looking uniforms
and foreheads. You can learn klingon WHILE you work and play. You can't
make a uniform WHILE doing something else.

cha' yaH vIghaj. jISaw. puq(pu') vIghaj. 'ej latlh Qu' Quj je vIta'.
'ach ngoD vIchIDnIS... tach vIghoSQo', jIchechQo'.
...'ej HIp QaQ vIghaj.

I have two jobs, I'm married, have kid(s), and other hobbies. But I must
admit, I don't spend any time at the bar getting drunk.
... and I have a good uniform.

> The biggest problem that I hear people telling me is that they want
> something simple to start with.
> I've heard people say that they wish there were a dick and jane
> type series in Klingon to help them learn it.

Hmm, sounds like Qov's section of HolQeD.

> Or the type of textbook they
> can write answers in and then check them in the back.

Hmm, sounds like Qov's section of HolQeD.

> The TKD is a very good description, but it's not the best teaching tool.
> Anyone up for making a "Teach yourself tlhIngan Hol in 14 days" or
> "tlhIngan Hol for dummies"? Going by what I have been told by a large
> number of costumed fans, something like that would really help.

What was the title of that class I gave at Dover last year?...
"Klingon; for those that don't want to learn Klingon."

I love Qov's article a couple HolQeD ago. If you speak in third-person,
klingon can be quite simple. Pick a verb. Pick a noun. Put them together.

DloraH

Klingon Warrior
taHjaj wo'!
Darren M. Slade