tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 07:17:50 2003

Re: Tao Te Ching Chp. 38

lab ghunchu'wI':

>ja' 'ISqu':
>>vaj mIw'a' lonlu'DI' narghchoH ghob.
>>ghob lonlu'DI' narghchoH pung.
>>pung lonlu'DI' narghchoH ruv.
>>ruv lonlu'DI' narghchoH tay.
>>When Tao is renounced virtue will arise.
>>When virtue is renounced compassion will arise.
>>When compassion is renounced justice will arise.
>>When justice is renounced rituals will arise.
>
>I would suggest {chen} instead of {narghchoH} even without the unfortunate
>ambiguity of {nargh}.

The only reason why I didn't use {chen} was because I thought it might apply
to things which can actually take physical form (with mathematical formulae
simply being metaphors). I wasn't happy about {narghchoH} at all and I'm
glad I can get rid of it.

>>'Ijchu'ghach QIb neH 'oH tay'e.'
>>Ritual is but a shadow of sincerity.
>
>You meant {'Il} instead of {'Ij}, qar'a'?

bIlugh. HIvqa' veqlargh.

'ISqu'