tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 09 02:13:00 2003

Re: yu' jIghaj...

I thank you for your corrections and understand them, just stupid mistakes while I was writing quickly.

What I was actually trying to say was, "I speak German, but my English is better" How do you get a sense of one thing being better than something else in German, is there a suffix I can add to /QaQ/ to make it /QaQ/er or litterally am "gooder"?

Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

>*German* Hol jIjatlh! 'ach *English* HolwI' QaQ.

Say, rather:

*Germany*ngan Hol vIjatlh! 'ach QaQ *England*ngan HolwIj.
"I speak German! But my English is good."

qeraq, see if you can figure out my corrections.

Note: Most people use {DIvI' Hol} Federation Standard (lit. "the
Federation's language") for English, even though they're not necessarily
the same thing.

*Germany*ngan Hol vIjatlh! 'ach QaQ DIvI' HolwIj.
"I speak German! But my Federation Standard is good."

Also, others will often clip language names like {*Germany*ngan Hol} to
just {*German* Hol} to save typing.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons