tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 15 08:38:07 2003

Re: munuQ

> > HIHotQo'.  HIlaDQo'.  HIleghQo'.  HIQo'.
> Nice word play, although I think that {Qo'} cannot be used as a verb
> like this, only an exclamation: {Qo'!}

I believe he was intentionally being ungrammatical.
Are the phrases grammatical in the other two languages he presented?
I have heard (and used) similar english phrases that were just as ungrammatical.
I laughed when I read it; thought it was pretty good.

Sure, as a grammarian, here in the classroom, I should say "That is
ungrammatical.  Two lashings for you."

> > HIHotQo'.  HIlaDQo'.  HIleghQo'.  HIQo'.
> > Noli me tangere. Noli me legere. Noli me videre. Noli me.
> > Hana 'a'ohe pa 'ili i o'u.  Hana 'a'ohe heluhelu i o'u.  Hana 'a'ohe nana
> > i o'u.  Hana 'a'ohe i o'u.

kaua e paangia i au.  kaua e koorero ki au.  kaua e titiro ki au.  kaua e ki au.

(chaq lughchu'be' mu'tlheghwIj.  jIpo'be'.)
Not quite sure what he means by HIlaDQo'.

DloraH

Back to archive top level