tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 30 04:17:23 2003

Re: Kolos

qe'San \(Jon Brown\) ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

KoloS

Firstly a name is a name... As we know from our own world, there are many
people with the same name... It is also typical in Terran society to name a
child after someone the parents respect.. My Terran first name is Jonathan.
I am under no illusion that Paramount have never heard of me but it doesn't
stop me being proud that they chose that name for Captain Archer..

It is true that as a rule Klingon Fans will try to adopt a name that someone
else isn't already using but even that isn't law and many fans will also
have a House name which differentiates them further... Many fans use actual
Paramount character names and some even refer to them selves being from a
famous House's.

My name is qe'San...  Originally I started off calling my self K'Sharn but
changed it soon after picking up my first Klingon Dictionary.  I wanted it
to fit more with tlhIngan phonetics.. The next question if you followed the
same path is what would Kolos be?  possibly    qoloS.  But you may just want
to change the s to S.... It will be your name and as such it's up to you
what you use.

To the point.. Use Kolos... and if concerned your reasons are honourable so
don't be.

For more than my opinion see the FAQ section 2.2 & 2.3
http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.2

qe'San