tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 11 06:50:06 2003

Re: tagh'a jIlIH'egh

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Philip-

Morning! I am ngabwI', the Beginners' Grammarian. It sounds like you've been
lurking for a while, so you probably already know how to use KLBC. When you
add KLBC, it's my job to correct your grammar. Please include an English
translation, as you did here. I makes my job easier, and allows you to get
accurate advice faster.

Onto the grammar...
There are no errors in your grammar, ({majQa'!}) but I did want to bring up
two things:

1. It's {tagha'} "finally", not {tagh'a}. Probably a typo, given your
obvious skill with the language, but just in case...

2. «mu'mey yap vISovlaw'» vIQub.
I don't think {Qub} can be used like this, in the sense of "to think, to
believe".  (If I'm wrong, someone will correct me, I'm sure.)
For this sense, I've seen { 'e' vIHar} "I believe it" used most often, as
you did in your message. Repetition is much more acceptable in {tlhIngan
Hol} than in English, so you needn't fear sounding like a broken record.

{batlh tlhIngan Hol Dajatlhba', 'ej batlh *English* Hol Dajatlhbej}

Welcome to the list!

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute