tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 10 13:41:02 2003

Re: Klingon WOTD: Hovtay' (n)

Voragh:
> >The only canonically named system I know of is the Tellun System {telun
> >Hovtay'} containing the planets Elas {'elas} and Troyius {Doy'yuS}.

Quvar 'uch:

>not 'elaS yuQ pong vIQoy.  mu'vam Hutlh je mu'ghomwIj.
>nuqDaq DaSam?  reH SammeH Quv Dacha'.  DaHjaj Danoplaw'.

I'm pretty sure {'elaS} and {Doy'yuS} are listed in the TKD
glossary.  (Don't forget to check both the Klingon-English and the
English-Klingon sides.)

For those whose knowledge of Trek lore is rusty:

Troyius {Doy'yuS} was a Class-M planet in the Tellun star system {telun
Hovtay'} which had been at war with the neighboring planet Elas {'elaS} for
many years. Troyius was a plentiful source of radans {Dom} - naturally
occurring dilithium crystals - making the planet of considerable strategic
interest to both the Klingon Empire and the Federation in 2268.  [TOS
"Elaan of Troyius"; cf. _The Star Trek Encyclopedia_]

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level