tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 10 10:29:16 2003

Re: Word for "random"

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lieven L. Litaer (Quvar)" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: Word for "random"

> jaj 10.12.2003 rep 16:51:00, ghItlh [email protected]:
>
> >An ordered list is one that groups its elements in an orderly and logical
> >way, and could be said to be, or have, a system; a random list is one
> >whose elements are not grouped in an orderly way, that is, which lacks
> >a system.
>
> Yes, but I'm sure that if I would say {pat Hutlh verenganpu'} one would
understand that they have no jolpat, no De'wI' pat, no
> Hongghor pat...
>
> Quvar.

{lughlaw' Quvar} Normally, I am all for the more creative uses of this
language, as long as the meaning gets across. While I, too, understand
completely what you're saying, when I read {pat Hutlh verenganpu'}, the
image that leaped into my mind was of Ferengi with no collections of
physical objects working together.

--ngabwI'
 HovpoH 700896.6

Back to archive top level