tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 08 14:50:11 2003

Helping KLI in this Holiday Season (reformatted for easier reading)

Lawrence Schoen ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

For many, a time of gift-giving will soon be upon us. As such, I'd
like you to take a moment, and ask yourself who in your life would
benefit from a gift of membership in the KLI?

Okay, obviously that's a rhetorical question because as we all
know, EVERYONE would benefit from such a gift (or at least, that's
the official party line), although they may not themselves realize
it right away.

Still, I encourage each of you to think of at least one person in
your life who has expressed an interest in your interest in
Klingon, and sign them up for a membership. What better way to
help them understand and appreciate your delight in the warriors'
tongue than sharing it with them? Their first issue will arrive
early in January, creating a surprise that extends their holiday
season.

Such a gift will in turn do wonders for the KLI, ensuring we're
all around for another year. And for this I thank you very much
indeed.

Also, for those of you who decide that KLI memberships are not
quite sufficient to cover all your gift giving, I encourage you to
check out the KLI's affiliate page </kli/affiliate.html>
which includes links to several venders and lists of venders (note
especially iGive.com), all of whom return a portion of the money
you spend to the KLI. That's right, things you were going to buy
anyway can help the KLI. What a deal.

That's it, end of commercial. Thanks for your support.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level