tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 01 07:50:51 2003

Re: (KLBC?) Word for 'shop'?

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raik Lorenz" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: (KLBC?) Word for 'shop'?

> Why so complicated?
>
> I considered SuyDaqHom for shop as well as for a kind of alkoven or the
like
> in a mall etc.
> A Mall or market hall or something like that might be called SuyDaq'a'.
>
> But I'm almost sure that I missed some point of the discussion ruling that
> out, too.  }};-)

No, I've been following this one, and AFAIK, noone has suggested {SuyDaq}
for "shop", and if I may say so, it's not a bad idea at all.
I like {SuyDaqHom} for the idea of a small store or specialty shop,
regardless of location, but {SuyDaq'a'} sounds like a Wal-Mart Supercenter
to me. (Just my opinion.)

All of this doesn't change the fact that we have no (canon) word for "shop",
but for just getting the point across, I think {SuyDaqHom}does the job
well. }}: )

> Qno'Hiq

--ngabwI'
tIq. taQ. tlhIngan tlhaq. HovpoH!